May 02, 2009

Flow-rida!

Ok! Finally an update... Lloyd and I have been living in FLORIDA for about a month now! :) He is selling pest control for the company Service Pro this summer. He is doing really well, and is acctually at the top of the first year sells reps. We are living in a nice apartment complex along with all the the other people working in with the same company. So here are a few videos of our 4 day trip in the car from little Blackfoot, Idaho clear to Fort Myers, Florida!


The beginning of a long and fun trip in the car to florida!


As you can see there was NOTHING to look at out the window as of scenery, so we noticed the road that was half red, and half normal... and it actually kept us entertained for quite a while to.


This was the Grand Arch in Nebraska... we decided that they put this arch in because there was nothing else to look at so it could put a little excitement in the drive haha.


The transfer from Iowa to Missouri... our FOURTH sate that day! woohoo. Lloyd was pretty sure that no one except for us had ever done such a thing in one day!

We knew we would be staying in Kansas City our second night... so we were looking for something fun to do. Lloyd found out that the Royals and the Yankees were playing a pre-season game so we went to it! It was lots of fun. The Royals got smoked... but it was fun!As you can see we had GREAT seats that were right behind the Royals dug out on the first row! haha

And here is the Saint Louis Arch!

This was the most horrible experience ever! :) Lloyd and I played the alphabet game where you have to find a word with each letter of the alphabet in order from A-Z on signs and things you pass as you are traveling... Well I am the MASTER of this game and my mother is the only person who can usually beat me. Sadly my husband showed me up on our first round of the game :( and I am of course pouting at my missfortune.

This is the other kind of alphabet game. We started at "A" and took turns naming something we were taking on a trip to florida with each letter of the alphabet. This is lloyd on the last round and he made clear through the whole alphabet with all the weird random things we decided to take with us! :)

Um... this is what we "thought" were the Appalachain mountains... we misscalculated... by just a few hundred miles though!

Confessions of a Idaho boy who doesn't know where the appalachains really are... but its ok neither did his wife!

3 comments:

  1. OH my word! I just watched all the videos and I thought I was going to die laughing! You guys are hularious! Well, I just had to say that when we moved out here (SC) we came from Las Vegas and did it in three days (two nights) while towing a trailer with all of our belongings in it! We would drive from like 6 am to 9 pm! I don't wish to ever do that again! I wish we would have had a GPS though, we got lost in Atlanta and all we had was the mapquest directions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate to burst your bubble, but I had a six state day once. Mass, RI, Conn, NY, NJ, and PA. But to be fair, your four states probably took more miles.

    Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! i cant believe your living in florida! is it so much fun!? we're going to florida in november but if your just there for the summer then i guess we wont get to see ya down there!

    ReplyDelete